Modern Nature - Island of Noise
- Island of Noise – Pressed on 180g Recycled Vinyl
- Island of Silence (Expanded Instrumental Version of the Album) – Pressed on 180g Recycled Vinyl
- 36pg Perfect Bound Booklet with 10 contributions from artists & writers in conjunction with, and inspired by, a song on the album. Contributors include Sophy Hollington, Evan Parker, Merlin Sheldrake and Robin Robertson.
- Housed in a slipcase with 100% recycled and FSC approved wrap.
- Includes Download.
- Limited to 1000 copies
- Release date: 19th November 2021
Over the last 12 months, Cooper has constructed a beautiful, free-flowing box set’s worth of material featuring a new album, a separate and equally engaging instrumental interpretation of the album and an accompanying book featuring the work of wide-ranging, non-musical artists (including Booker-nominated poet Robin Robertson, mycologist Merlin Sheldrake, illustrator Sophy Hollington, and writer Richard King) that reinterpret, deconstruct or take inspiration from the 10 tracks on the record.
Island Of Noise represents an absolute career highlight, combining Cooper’s celebrated songwriting and compositional skills with a free flowing expansiveness coloured by British free music luminaries such as saxophonist Evan Parker, pianist Alexander Hawkins, bassist John Edwards and violinist Alison Cotton, as well as long term collaborators Jeff Tobias and Jim Wallis.